5 Things I Love
|February 14th, 2013||Holiday|
Happy Valentine’s day! Bryan and I have this tradition that we exchange gifts at midnight on holidays and birthdays. Yesterday after work, however, I went to happy hour with some friends from my old job and I ended up falling asleep around 9:30. Bry woke me up around 11:30 and we exchanged gifts then instead. There was NO way I was staying up until midnight.
I absolutely love snoopy and Charlie Brown. It’s become a “thing” that I collect every Snoopy card I can find, so now Bryan gets me them for every holiday!
In honor of today being Valentine’s Day, I’m sharing with you 5 things that I love no matter what time of day or year. These things aren’t materialistic or can be easily replaced.
1. I love myself. YES! It’s important to love yourself. It took many years for me to become comfortable in my own skin (I had some REALLY awkward teen years), but I’m happy to say that I’ve become at peace with my imperfections.
2. I love my fiancé. Well duh, of course he would make the list. He’s always there for me when I need him and even when I don’t realize I need him. He seems to know when I’m upset (or getting upset) even before I do. I hate when people get mushy gushy on the internet, but whatever I don’t care today.
This is a photo of Bryan back in college, the first couple months we were dating.
He walked a mile to my apartment in a blizzard so we could hang out.
3. I love my family and friends. Clearly, these people would be on the list as well. If it weren’t for my friends and family, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I always try to get some girl-time in at least once a week. Everyone is super busy, but it’s important (for my own sanity) to get out of the house and talk makeup, weddings, and other girly stuff with my ladies!
4. I love being healthy. Health is gift that we should all be so thankful for. Health is something that I will have for (hopefully) a very long time. This is why I never feel bad spending money on healthy food, products, or exercise classes. Staying active is super important and I’m thankful each and every day that I am able to get out of bed in the morning and get my blood pumping.
5. I love LOVE and happiness. I’m going to sound like a hippie for a moment, but it’s true. I love love and happiness. There were definitely times in my life (like most people) that I was negative, aggravated and pissed a lot of the time. I actually remember during graduate school we had to describe ourselves in less than 5 words. My response: Pessimist trying to think optimistically. Ever since that day, I’ve always remembered my response and attempt to see the best in life and just enjoy what life brings me. Life’s too short to be hung up on the bad stuff.
Talk to Me
- What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?
- What are some things you always love?
- Where is your favorite place?