Crock Pot Veggie Soup Recipe
|September 24, 2013||Dinner, Recipe|
I was searching all over the internet a few weeks ago for a good vegetarian alternative to beef stew in the crock pot. When I was younger, I loved eating the root vegetables from the beef stew, but since I’m a vegetarian, I don’t prefer eating the vegetables when they were soaked in beef broth.
I wasn’t able to find a direct alternative, so I modified a recipe I did find to meet my needs. I hope you give this a try, because it’s super delicious and the perfect dinner for the fall season.
Crock Pot Veggie Soup
Prep time: 40 minutes Cook time: 4 hours Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups veggie broth (approx. 1.5 cans)
- 1 tbsp. sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
Add all ingredients to a slow-cooker, and carefully stir to combine. Cook on high heat for 4 hours until the veggies are tender. Add additional salt and pepper if preferred. Turn off slow cooker. Serve and enjoy!
*By the way, I recently added a “pin it” button to all of my blog photos. So if you go up and scroll over the image in this post, you’ll see a “pin it” button that you can then click on and pin directly to your pinterest to save for later!