Favorite Things to Do in the Fall
|September 16th, 2011||Uncategorized|
Good morning everyone! Hopefully everyone is having a great Friday. It’s actually not raining today for once. It’s been so gloomy lately. Yesterday for dinner, Bry, his mom, and I headed over to iHOP. It was so chilly outside, I loved it. Glad to feel the weather cooling down a bit. It’s finally starting to feel like autumn… which makes me extremely happy. I of course had to wear my new Gap jacket. Check out the weather:
- Picking apples and pumpkins. I love going to our nearby orchards to pick fresh fruit. It’s nothing special, but it’s special to me! Maybe it’s something people do with their kids, I don’t know, but I know I love it too.
- Visiting farmer’s markets. Something about walking around farmer’s markets in the fall is peaceful. Farmer’s markets are open all summer, but they seem to be perfect in the cooler months before winter. I love finding new markets that I’ve never been to. Those always seem to be the best. Nothing like walking around, picking out unique food items, and sipping on hot tea or hot cider.
- Screaming my head off. That is at haunted houses of course. I love everything that has to do with Halloween, which is ironic because I have horrible anxiety sometimes. It doesn’t matter to me at Halloween.
- Watching Halloween movies. I’m a very festive person. I like getting into the spirit of any holiday in the fall and winter months: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine’s Day. Holiday movies are always on my agenda, no matter how cheesy they are. Halloween Town (Disney Channel!), Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th… you name it.
- Putting on my Halloween ringtone. My ringtone (for the past 2 years) for the whole month of October has been Marilyn Manson “This is Halloween.” It may be creepy, but it reminds me of past years and I can’t seem to find another ringtone that I love as much.
What are some of your favorite things to do in the fall?