Half Marathon Wishlist
|July 30th, 2012||Running|
Usually when you come to my blog on Monday mornings, you expect to see my Weekend Recap. This weekend however, shockingly enough I didn’t take ANY photos! Not a single photo. This weekend was really low-key as well. I felt like all I did all weekend was see The Dark Knight Rises and go food shopping. In fact, I think that is all I did this weekend.
Therefore, there was no point in doing a recap because I’d be bored to tears trying to elaborate on this weekend. I figured I mind as well do a post I had been meaning to do for a week or so now… my wishlist going into my training season.
- Garmin 405: I’ve been wanting a sport watch since I started running, although I was hesitant on purchasing one. Who knew that I’d fall in love with running? I could have easily ran for a month and decided it wasn’t for me.
- Lululemon Slip-less Headband: I HATE running without a headband. I have side bangs, so the little stray hairs just bug the crap out of me during runs. I currently only own 1 headband. Shocking, I know. It just happens to be one of the Lululemon Slip-less Headbands. Is it 100% slip-less? Not really, but it does a decent job. I only have to readjust my headband once or twice during a run.
- Nike Vapor Running Jacket: I absolutely love running in the winter months. Snow? Love it. As I go into my first half marathon training, I want to be fully prepared for all forms of weather. This jacket is perfect, because it has a removable hood with a zipper, adjustable bungee cord and toggles for a perfect fit, adjustable hem, and reflective graphics for visibility in low light. Probably the most important part of the Nike Vapor Running Jacket is the Dry-Fit fabric. It’s “high-performance, microfiber, polyester fabric wicks sweat away from the body and moves it to the fabric surface, where it evaporates. As a result, Dri-FIT fabric helps you stay dry and comfortable.”
- Nike Tempo Running Shorts: I have a pair of these that I purchased on sale a few months ago and I fully understand why so many people call these shorts a running staple. They are long enough that they don’t ride up, but aren’t so long that they are uncomfortable. Nike Tempos are light weight and have a Dri-FIT crepe liner.
- New Running Sneakers: Okay, so the photo is not the shoes that I really want. I actually am not sure which shoes I should be getting yet. I have to visit my local running shoes to get fitted for the proper shoe for me.
Happy Monday, peeps.
What is on your training wishlist?
10 comments on “Half Marathon Wishlist”
Pingback: August Goals | simply Nicole