Happy 4th Birthday!
|January 1st, 2013||Goals, Holiday|
Today marks the 4th birthday of Simply Nicole! As my blog continues to grow, I am most grateful for my readers. Thank you to each and every one of you who continue to read, comment, and share your stories with me. I can’t wait to embark on another year with every one!
Resolutions from 2012
Last year around this time, I made some overarching 2012 resolutions/goals. Although I make monthly goals (which I believe are sometimes more attainable), I also want to make 2013 goals to keep in mind all year round. For instance, here are last years’ resolutions and their statuses.
1. Dedicate more time to writing. Writing for my freelance job, personal journal, Simply Nicole.
- Interestingly enough the freelance gig I had at the beginning of 2012 ended shortly after the new year, but a few months later I started writing for FitDay.com. I didn’t start a personal journal this year, but I always want to have something tangible to read when I’m 40. Simply Nicole has grown a lot over the past year. The frequency of posts have increased and I’ve brought on a bunch of new blog readers and followers on social media.
- Yep. I did it! All year I knew that it was one of my major goals for 2012, so back in April I registered for the Philly Half Marathon and in November I ran it! You can find read about my half marathon training posts by clicking on that link.
3. Move into an apartment.
- We did move back in January to a decent townhome, but we hope to be moving again in April. We need more living and entertaining space. Our current place doesn’t allow for more than 2 other people to be over at any given time. The washer and dryer is constantly giving us problems, and I’m just over the whole situation.
4. Find dancing opportunities. Whether this be taking random classes or teaching part-time. It needs to come back into my life.
- I didn’t focus on this goal as much as I would have liked to in 2012. Instead of dancing opportunities, I did focus a bit on yoga! I hope to integrate yoga into my 2013 goals.
**I’ll be posting my 2013 yearly resolutions as well as my January goals tomorrow.
Talk to Me
- Did you accomplish your 2012 resolutions last year?
- How long have you had your blog (if you’re a blogger )
- What’s your favorite memory from 2012?