The Body Shop Review
|February 27th, 2013||Beauty, Reviews|
I’ve always been a huge fan of The Body Shop because of what they stand for. The Body Shop is against animal testing! All of their products are animal cruelty free and vegetarian. Another amazing quality is that they launched Community Fair Trade in 1987. That is their commitment to trading fairly with suppliers. The Body Shop uses small-scale farmers, traditional artisans and rural co-ops that are experts in their field. In exchange they offer good trading practices and prices.
The Body Shop has 5 Core Values:
- Support community trade
- Defend human rights
- Against animal testing
- Activate self-esteem
- Protect our planet
I was thrilled when I was given the opportunity to try out some of The Body Shop products! I already own one of their lip glosses and couldn’t wait to try out some of their bath items. I’ve integrated most of these products into my nightly routine (some I use every night and others only sparingly). For the purpose of this post, I’ll only talk about the items that I’m using every single night and/or day.
1. Coconut Body Scrub. The scrub leaves the skin smelling just fresh coconuts! It’s made from organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil and coconut milk, and organic Community Trade babassu oil to help restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
I’ve been using this every night with a warm wash cloth. I’ve noticed that my skin is so much softer and actually glows more.
2. Nutriganics Soothing Eye Cream. I’ve been on the hunt for a while for a nice eye cream. I don’t need anything right now for wrinkles, but I could use something that is hydrating for the thin skin under my eyes. (At some point I WILL definitely need a wrinkle cream). In the mean time, this works wonders. The cream contains organic red grapes from Frank, plantain and elderflower from Switzerland and organic buddleji and thyme from Switzerland.
I’ve been using this product every night and every morning. I’m using the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer to conceal dark under eye circles, and I’ve found that unless the skin there is super hydrated, the makeup cakes up very quickly. Using this eye cream has been a blessing!
3. Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream. The hand cream from their new Absinthe line is perfect for the mornings. It does have a strong fragrance of bergamot, petit grain and neroli. This is why I can’t use this product at night. It’s a bit too strong for my liking, however it’s perfect for mornings! It definitely does leave my hands moisturized and feeling fresh.
FTC: All of the items above were provided by The Body Shop for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Talk to Me
- Have you ever tried out The Body Shop’s products?
- What is your favorite body scrub to use at night?
- Do you use an eye cream? If so, which one?