This past weekend, Bryan and I went to Trader Joe’s to pick up a few goodies for the week. Since I picked up a bunch of new (to me) things, I figured I would share what’s in my grocery bag. I’ve done posts like this in the past and you can read them here:
Here’s what we picked up this weekend!
1. Organic Baby Spring Mix – I like mixing this with the romaine to make a delicious salad.
2. Morningstar Farms Bacon Strips (vegetarian) – These are my all time favorite fake bacon strips. I literally eat these at least once a week. If you’re looking for a good bacon substitute, I highly recommend the Morningstar Farms variety. I put them in the microwave for 2 minutes and they come out really crispy and crunchy.
3. Romaine Hearts – I’m not a huge fan of eating salads with just spring mix, so I add this in for some crunch.
4. Applegate Naturals Smoked Turkey Breast – Obviously, this is for Bryan. He eats a sandwich every day and loves mixing things up with the types of meats he uses.
5. Applegate Naturals Smoked Slow Cooked Ham – Bryan loves this ham because it’s really flavorful. He loves eating this with American cheese and regular yellow mustard.
6. Roasted Corn – OMG I love this corn. We had this on fish tacos on Saturday night and boy was it delicious! This corn is frozen, but tastes delicious once you heat it up in a pan. It has a smoky flavor and is perfect on tacos, in salads, or just by itself.
7. Soy Chorizo (vegetarian) – The demo team at Trader Joe’s cooked up a quick and easy tomato soup and they used this soy chorizo to add extra spice and flavor. I loved it so much that I purchased the items needed for the soup and plan to make it this week for dinner. I’ll share the recipe on the blog next week if anyone is interested.
8. Asian Vegetable Stir Fry – I put this in a frying pan and had this with rice and soy sauce last night for dinner. I added in chicken for Bryan. We really enjoyed it! I love when grocery stores offer pre-cut veggies, because after a long day of work the last thing I want to do is slice up a pound of veggies.
9. Organic Sweet Corn – I’ve been loving corn lately. Can you tell?
10. Limes – To add to water and to make margaritas and mojitos.
11. Caramel Bites – I’m sad to say that these are gone. I ate the entire bag over the weekend. I’d like to say that Bryan helped, but in reality he had maybe 4. They were SO good. Next time I’m at Trader Joe’s, I’ll be picking up multiple bags.
12. Corn and Chile – Another ingredient for the tomato soup I’m making this week.
13. Clam Chowder – This is for Bryan. He wasn’t a huge fan of the tomato soup, so when I make that for myself, he’ll be having the clam chowder.
14. Taco Shells – We used these for fish tacos on Saturday night.
15. Chimichurri Rice – We bought this to serve as a side for anything really. I’m not a big rice fan, but I love anything that has a bit more flavor than bland white rice.
16. Oven Ready Cod Fillets – Great for fish tacos or by themselves for a quick dinner.
17. Clif Blueberry Crisp Bars – These are Bryan’s. I’m not a huge fan of Clif, but I’ll eat one in a pinch if I’m hungry. Right now I’m loving the Kind Bars.
18. Pretzel Slims. We love these with hummus. I had the peppermint white chocolate covered pretzel slims during the holidays and they were to die for.
19. Tomato Soup – Obviously I’m using this as the base to make tomato soup.
Talk to Me:
- What is your favorite thing to purchase at Trader Joe’s?
- How often do you go grocery shopping?
- What’s your favorite kind of protein or breakfast bar?