Scenes From the Past Few Days
|September 16, 2013||Weekend Recap|
I didn’t want to do a weekend recap today, because I have more to update you guys on than just the past weekend. I took so many photos over the past week, so here we go.
On Thursday, I woke up and went over to Valley Forge Park around 8:30am for a brisk walk. The weather was absolutely perfect and I got to check out a side of the park I haven’t seen yet! As you know, Valley Forge Park is where we got engaged, so it holds a special place in my heart. I love getting over there and walking around as much as possible.
I don’t remember which day I had this juice, but at some point last week I went to Whole Foods to try out their fresh juices they make right in the store daily. Luckily, when I arrived there, they had a sampling station so I got to taste test them before buying. This one was definitely my favorite. It has pear, kale, cucumber, pineapple, spinach, broccoli, parsley and lemon.
The Runner’s World Cookbook arrived at my door last week as well. *This was gifted to me from my friends at Runner’s World.* I was lucky enough to receive the book before it launches in stores on October 1st. My favorite aspects:
- Nutritional facts on all recipes
- MANY photos of the food – I hate cookbooks with no images
- Visual keys for classification at the start of each recipe, with V (for vegetarian), VE (for vegan), GF (for gluten free), and more
- It’s a hardcover – So it won’t get ruined as I toss it around my kitchen
You’ll be able to purchase the book from Runner’s World directly, Amazon, and a variety of other places. Just Google it!
On Friday morning, I met up with one of my good friends, Madeleine, and her son to go pick apples, pears, tomatoes and peppers at Linvilla Orchards. It was an overcast day and a bit chilly, but perfect weather for picking produce! I walked away with almost 13 pounds of fruits and veggies. So far I’ve only tasted the apples, but boy are they delicious!
On Sunday afternoon, I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my ladies at Elizabeth Johns in Ardmore. Side note: I’m no where near that tall – thank you 4 inch wedges. More on this trip later this week.
- Bridgett, college room-mate
- Kristin, future sister-in-law
- Tara, sister
- Julia, cousin
- Lauren, friend from college
- (missing) – Madeleine, friend from high school
Talk to Me
- Have you been going outside for some exercise?
- What color were your bridesmaids dresses?
- Do you need photos in your cookbooks?